Make 4 interest-free payments of $73.75 fortnightly and receive your order now.Available to Order
Medica Brisbane School
This specialist collection of orthopaedic footwear is specifically designed with extra height for children who require support of the lower leg, ankle and foot.
In the same fashion that an ankle foot orthosis (AFO), which is typically made of thermoplastics, controls or assists motion of the lower leg, ankle and foot, this specialist range of footwear, controls and stabilizes motion of the lower leg, ankle and foot, but is constructed from natural breathable leather materials. This provides an additional level of comfort for children who may have difficulty tolerating a typical thermoplastic AFO because of temperature or skin issues. The shoes are stylish, modern and practical and help children with special needs to feel included.
The shoes are designed for both active children, who may use a mobility device, and less active children who may require positioning and support of the lower legs and feet whilst using a wheelchair. The footwear has 4 easy velcro straps to assist ease of donning and doffing, and can be even worn without socks due to the quality leather lining of the shoes.
These sandals provide:
- extra support for the foot through an extended medial and lateral stiffener
- a firm, high heel stiffener to stabilize the heel bone and lower leg
- lightweight, hard-wearing sole
- Thomas Heel to provide extra stability and prevent inversion of the foot
- cushioned leg cuff to assist with firm and comfortable fixation above the lower leg
- an effective strap length to fit feet of different sizes
- internal leather lining for natural comfort and breathability
- full grain leather uppers
This specialist footwear may be suitable for children:
- Needing shoes with extra support on daily basis, during therapy sessions or while using a standing frame and/or a gait trainer
- With very low muscle tone including those with severe developmental delays
- With neurological conditions with high or fluctuating muscle tone such as cerebral palsy, acquired brain injury, cerebellar ataxia
- Needing shoes with extra support and fixation because of severe joint laxity, hyper-mobility or connective tissue disorders eg Elhers Danlos Syndrome
Medica Shoes Sizing Chart
Note: Each Brand has slightly different sizes so please refer to the sizing chart for each brand.
Ensure that you follow this link to find How to measure feet and for a Guide to Choosing the Right Size Shoe.
cm (length of inner sole)
cm (length of inner sole)
Be the first to review this product!
Help other shoppers by writing reviews for products you have purchased.
Standard - $0.00